Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default advice on mounting a big mirror on bathroom wall

RobertL wrote:
On Jul 5, 1:08 pm, "George" wrote:
"RobertL" wrote in message

ups.com...

i wonder if anyone has words of wisdom about how to mount a large
mirror in the bathroom. In my case the mirror is 2200mm x 600mm and
6mm thick and weighs about 25 kg. It will be vertical (almost from
floor to ceiling). It has 4 holes along each vertical edge for screw
mounting to the wall. The wall is traditional plasterd blockwork
(internal).

Why would anyone want a mirror that size in the bathroom? and more to the
point it'll get steamed up in no time.

Why? To make the room look bigger

Yup - that's the gospel according to St. Beeny...

and so couples can see themselves.

Not sure about that one but I'm now not convinced about our mirror since
we put it in: it extends the width of the room, over the toilet cistern,
which means that when you stand there taking a leak you have a full view
of yourself from head to knee. Just a bit weird when you're not used to
it! And TBH I could do without the view when I exit the shower.

David