Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR JimR is offline

Default Learning about oil-based paint the hard way

"Kitep" wrote in message
On Sunday, I painted my front door with an oil-based paint. Went great,
looks better than expected. Didn't have time to clean the brush, so I put
it in a pail of water. Anywho, I went to clean the brush today. Now,
I've cleaned latex paint off a brush plenty of times, and it's really
easy. But with the oil-based paint, the brush never seemed to come clean.
Plus it left paint on my sink (which is ok for this particular sink).
Finally decided it wasn't worth the effort, and tossed the brush. Live &
learn.

Next time you have to quit before the job is done and want to resue the
brush, put the brush in a ziploc bag and put it into the freezer.