Posted to alt.home.repair
ValveJob ValveJob is offline

Default AC/Unit how big to go?

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:16:42 -0000, Deejay wrote:

I will see about geeting a heat load test. No this one is not a window
unit.

On Jul 5, 11:08 am, "Moe Jones" wrote:
Have a HVAC contractor in your area come by your place and perform a heat load.

You really need to find the right size because if it's too small it will not cool properly and if it's too big it again will not cool properly.

Question is this a window unit? If it is you can go to a number of places to find the right size for window units and you will not have to have a heat load. They are generally for central air.

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Goodman Air Conditioner/Furnace Package Unit

GOODMAN
Model: GPG13360901AB

13 SEER (cooling)
Cooling capacity: 35,400 BTU
80% AFUE (heating)
208 / 230 Volts
60 Hz
1 Phase

I'm in the market for a new one too. Mine is 22 years old this
month. It's a trane and it keeps on running, but I supplement it with
wall units that are very high EER so I hardly ever fire it up.

But, I am not getting anything but a multi-speed compressor unit.

"Right sized 2-speed high SEER (15+) heat pump HVAC system with
variable speed blower. A 'right sized' system with a multi speed
compressor assures that the unit has a sufficient cycle time to both
provide desired comfort level and optimum dehumidification."

Pay more now and enjoy 10-20 years of comfort.