Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Stud Wall - he next Phase - Insulation!

Thomarse wrote:

Has anyone got any good suggestions of where to buy and what to avoid
etc... I've had a quick look on Wickes as it was teh first site I
found and saw the link below - I guess this is pretty standard, any
pros and cons?

Ecotherm (and I guess most of the others) do a PIR foam / cork laminate
board for just this purpose. Its 100mm thick and offers good thermal
performance with reasonable sound insulation as well. It looks like:

http://www.internode.co.uk/loft/images/insulation1.jpg

--
Cheers,

John.