Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Prius bashing

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2007-07-05, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Huge wrote:
Heh heh. The Lexus SUV hybrid can't be used off road or to tow.

That'll be why one of the competitors at the Abingdon CAR-nival turned
up with his TVR Griffith 500 trailed behind a ... Lexus hybrid SUV.

I agree that hybrids are stupid and hybrid SUVs are stupider than that,
but the Lexus hybrid SUV can be used to tow.

I'm only going by what was said on the road test I read. Be interesting
know what Lexus claims - most vehicles give towing details in their
driver's handbook. It might be that it *can* tow - obviously it can - but
that the life of the transmission etc is compromised by doing so.

I dunno. I only noticed it was a hybrid 'cos of the absolute silence
as he manouvered into his parking spot. And even he thought the irony
of towing a 5 litre race car with a hybrid was amusing.

Me, I think hybrids are stupid for all kinds of engineering reasons. I
have
no intention of buying one.

You have no idea how the Prius works. It is "simpler" than a normal car.
They also drive like a dream.