Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default Sony KV-27HFR - Bad Tuner?

Have you tried resoldering the bad joints in the IF block? Very common on
these uints.

Leonard

"Chris F." wrote in message
This may be a toughie.... the set will tune in a station but will not
lock on, it just drifts back and forth, alternating between a picture and
snow. I replaced all the caps in the tuner section and it made no
difference. I can't locate a pre-scaler IC (which I've seen go bad on
other sets), so I'm assuming it's built into the tuner itself. Am I
looking at a bad tuner at this point? (Part# 1-463-771-11)
I'd normally junk anything needing a tuner, but this set just has too
nice a picture to give up on it.
Thanks for any advice.

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address