Posted to rec.woodworking
VibraJet VibraJet is offline

Default Major kitchen cabinet install gap problem? (w/pics)

"David F. Eisan" wrote...
I made the mistake of installing all my cabinets level and true in a kitchen
that is anything but.

To make matters worse, time is seriously of the essence. I take possession
of my new house in a little over three weeks and I really need to get this
done ASAP!

IMO, the fastest & easiest fix that will still look good is:

Make a molding similar to a shoe molding - 1/4" thk X 1-1/2" high with a radius on one edge. Prepaint, scribe to fit, and nail with pins as you suggested. Should look fine, they'll never know, etc.

Making the molding as dainty as possible will help keep it from being noticable.

For the sides, make the molding thicker to compensate for the faceframe offset, and undercut it where it goes over the faceframe edge, so the thickness at the faceframe edge is the same as the thickness at the fronts of the cabinets.

--
Timothy Juvenal
www.tjwoodworking.com