Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default advice on mounting a big mirror on bathroom wall

On Jul 5, 3:47 pm, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
F wrote:
On 05/07/2007 13:43 The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I would definitely rely on glue.

I glued one on in similar circumstances and the adhesive I got from the
glaziers grabbed the mirror almost immediately. There was no need for
any support within a very short time.

I reckon ten to 20 minutes..BUT if its big and heavy thats long enough
to slide crooked..hence shove a batten under.

It sets off hard overnight, on plaster anyway. Guess it takes a week or
two to go full strength.

the mirror is supposed to sit on top of the capping that covers the
turned up edge of the lino. I don't think this will take the weight
of the glass, even for a short time, so I might fix a batten in place
temporarily to take the weight while I fix it to the wall. caluking
around the edge to prevent damp getting behind is a good idea. it
wil

thank you everyone for your helpful responses.

Robert