Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Stud Wall - he next Phase - Insulation!

Thomarse wrote:
Hi,

Having taken the advice from replies to my previuos posts, I am now
building my new stud wall from 4x2" cls timber... And seeing as I am
now going to be doing a "proper job"... I'd like to know the best way
and the most costeffective way to insulate the wall, between the
plasterboard sheets. Budget is an issue so I want to achieve good
sound insulation for the minimum cost really.

Has anyone got any good suggestions of where to buy and what to avoid
etc... I've had a quick look on Wickes as it was teh first site I
found and saw the link below - I guess this is pretty standard, any
pros and cons?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/icat/ciconsinsul

all info gratefully recieved!

Tom

Standard rockwool is the cheapest. They say it's only for floors, but I
don't see why. Mask and Marigolds are adviseable