Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Which binary for repair picture?

In article , aspasia
wrote:

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 16:42:13 -0700, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

aspasia wrote in message
m...
Is there a certain binary that NG members use to post pictures
of problems?

I posted a picture here once on a binary garden group, which was all I
knew, and had my head handed to me.

I just looked at ALL the binaries in "all groups", but did not find
what I wanted. They are mostly porn, with a few technical,
computer, etc.

Would like to have a binary I can use to post repair problems.

TIA

Aspasia

I don't think anyone would mind if you posted a LINK to a photo. An actual
photo attachment would get me ****ed off, too many spammers and kiddie
script hackers use attachments to trojan horse computers.

That's what I DID!

I know better than to attach binaries to a NG message. Yet somebody
did get starchy about going to a garden NG to retrieve the picture.
Can't win...! Been terrified ever since to post a pic with link to a
binary.

Aspasia

You need to learn a little more about the structure of the internet.
Don't post a home repair pic to a different newsgroup just because that
group accepts "binary" or other types of picture files. Post it
*somewhere else* on the internet - more specifically, the world wide web
- (do a google search for "free picture hosting", upload your pic
following that website's directions, and then post the LINK to that
picture, i.e., the URL, here.