Posted to alt.home.repair
TKM TKM is offline

Default Gutters: Foam Inserts

"Jacque Asse" wrote in message
news:YSPii.16309$MR5.5267@trndny02...
I just spent a day cleaning gutters and placing screen gutter covers. I
was thinking maybe the new "foam" or plastric inserts would be better?
Any experiences out there that you wish t share ... good / bad,
indifferent?

Never tried the foam inserts, but I put something called "Gutter Brush" in
my gutters 4 years ago and haven't had to clean them since.

Gutter Brush looks like a long bristle brush -- the sort of thing you wash
bottles with. It's easy to install - just cut a length and push it into the
gutter under the gutter supports. I was worried about trapping ice, but
there's been no difference in the winter ice build-up before or after the
installation.

TKM