Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default Major kitchen cabinet install gap problem? (w/pics)

"Leon" wrote in
et:

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
news

snip
To make matters worse, time is seriously of the essence. I take
possession of my new house in a little over three weeks and I really
need to get this done ASAP!

Finishing the kitchen is one of the many jobs that needed to be done
last month .

I think the cabs are out of square.. ;~)

Seriously, think about a "crown type" molding that attaches to the fir
down above the cabinets and extends down deep enough to cover the
gaps. Then use a smaller molding to close the "hopefully more
consistent gap" between the bottom of the crown and the cabinet face
frame. Basically, don't try to fill the gap, cover it up like a base
board molding covers the gap between the floor and the wall.

I think Leon's right. Finish carpentry has to deal with this all of the
time. The trick is to get it done effectively and quickly.

Don't you have a customer at the shop you can sub this to? Seems like 2
hours to a pro, and two Saturdays to a guy in your shoes.

Houses may start out square and plumb, maybe, but they almost never stay
that way.

Patriarch