Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Learning about oil-based paint the hard way

On Jul 4, 2:09 amuy, "Kitep" wrote:
On Sunday, I painted my front door with an oil-based paint. Went great,
looks better than expected. Didn't have time to clean the brush, so I put
it in a pail of water. Anywho, I went to clean the brush today. Now, I've
cleaned latex paint off a brush plenty of times, and it's really easy. But
with the oil-based paint, the brush never seemed to come clean. Plus it
left paint on my sink (which is ok for this particular sink). Finally
decided it wasn't worth the effort, and tossed the brush. Live & learn.

Sometimes it's not even worth it to clean oil paint off a brush.
That's why when I have to paint something with oil paint, I usually
buy cheap brushes, then when I'm done just throw them away.