Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Prius bashing

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article .com,
Fash wrote:
Forget the prius for a moment (although for sake of argument I'm
convinced lifetime energy balance is bad compared to modern diesel),
I'm more interested in the concept of a hybrid SUV. What's that all
about? They must be mad! on what planet can that be green.

And they are exempt from the congestion charge - despite producing far
more CO than many a small car.

More to the point they are not penalised for being a "large vehicle" -
which might at least have some bearing on congestion[1].

To link traffic congestion and CO2 seems rather nonsensical! (that is
assuming that you accept the "congestion charge" is actually about
controlling congestion, rather than just a bit of lefty social
engineering and tax raising.

[1] The large vehicle argument would seem best supported by when their
is a bus strike - traffic flows so much better!

--
Cheers,

John.