Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.appliances,misc.consumers.house
Wlm Singleton Wlm Singleton is offline

Default Can Whirlpool washer & dryer be stacked on pedestal drawers?

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 21:08:59 GMT, Grandpa wrote:
The bottom of the
dryer opening would be 72 inches from the ground. The dryer controls
would be 7 feet from the floor.

Both the washer and dryer are 36 inches tall and the pedestal at Costco is
13 inches. That would put the bottom of the washer at 49 inches which is an
inch over four feet. Since I'm 5'6", it seemed like the dryer door handle
would be at around 67 inches (13 + 36 + 1/2*36) which is just about how
tall I am.

I did wonder about the controls, which would be over my head.

But, since most of you have stated I can't stack the washer and dryer on
the pedestal (I wish I could find that in writing by Whirlpool), I'll gain
13 inches which puts the controls just under the six foot point which
should be about six to nine inches above my eyes.