Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Repair of a vinyl pool

In article ,
Ignoramus5268 wrote:

We have a vinyl inflatable pool. Similar in appearance to a pool
pictured he

http://brandsonsale.esellerproimages...4/hg000215.jpg

A 5 year old derelict friend of my 6 year old son kid threw a sparkler
firework in it when it was empty. He burned a hole in the bottom about
1x1.5 inches (the hole is a curvy "line" burned through, not a round
hole).

I would like to know if the hole can be realistically repaired, to
last at least through the end of the summer. I am aware of existence
of vinyl repair kits, but am not sure how well they work.

thanks

I'm guessing you're about to find out how well they work! Let us know.
Seriously, follow the directions and it should be fine. I'd try to get
something flat and smooth under there first, though. By the way, I saw
the incident, and it was *your* kid who lit the sparkler.