Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default end-of-life of a water well?

wrote:
On Jul 3, 2:20 pm, " wrote:
On Jul 3, 5:19?pm, wrote:

Anyone has an idea of how to tell if awellis ready to be replaced?
I have a 30 year oldwellwith a steel casing that is rusting at the
top. Should I start thinking of drilling a newwell?

Hows its productionwaterwise? is the rust surface rust or rusted out?

The well production is still good: 13 gallons per minute.
There are holes in the cap caused by the rusting (the holes are now
covered). The question is, what is the best guess about the state of
the casing in the well itself...

Best guess is there's no way anybody here can guess. Talk to you well
man. Very little likelihood of having to drill a new well but might
need some rework of this one at some point.