Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave oven catches on fire. Repairable?

wrote in message
That's the basis of my query: Can anyone tell me what might be causing
this, what to check and how to fix it so it doesn't happen again? I do
not want to risk fire when I am not around to monitor what's going on
with the oven, but at the same time, I do not want to replace it. I
have looked at getting another oven, but there's nothing that I like
as much as my Samsung. It has the size, the looks and the advanced
controls (ie. one touch, defrosting, etc) that I like.

Give the history of fire, I'd not want it in my house. For $60 to $100,
there are all sorts of models with features probably very close to what you
have. Repairing it will probably cost more than a new unit with a warranty.