Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

Default Sound Proofing a door. Ideas !!!

John Candy wrote:

Sound Proofing a door. Ideas !!!

I live in a unit, flat, apartment, whatever you call it. Any ways it
gets a little noiseing in the hallway from time to tme and would like
to sound proof my main door.

Its just a hollow one, problaby why it snot doing frack to stop any
noise. Probalby easist way is to buy a sold door, but I like a project

I was thinking of putting something into the door to sound proof it,
but not sure what.

Any ideas ???

Depending upon your locality and the situation,
if this is the main door to your home, a hollow core door may not meet
building codes and laws regarding security or fire safety.
You might want to check out the situation, and then work with the
landlord (maybe pay part of the cost or do some work) to bring the
door up to snuff.

That and some good weather stripping (including threshold / sweep)
should do wonders to reduce noise coming in the door.

If noise is still a problem, you can then try additional measures.