Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need suggestion on hardwood refinishing

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am buying a townhouse (closing next month). I am planning to
refinish the hardwood floor on the first level (Living rm/Dining rm/
Kitchen/Hallway/Closet/Half bath). The floor is red oak and stained. I
am leaning toward natural finish after sanding. Now I have a little
problem. In the kitchen, the range and refrigerator sit on hardwood
floor. Should I move these two out and sand/finish the two areas
under, then move them back and do the rest? Or should I forget about
these two areas (but worried about the color difference in the narrow
spaces between the appliances and wall/cabinet that people can see)?
DIY gurus, any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Easy enough to move them out and do the job right. It does not have to be
perfect in the rear, but you certainly want the visible part done correctly.