Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] gdu@mldevices.com is offline

Default Need suggestion on hardwood refinishing

I am buying a townhouse (closing next month). I am planning to
refinish the hardwood floor on the first level (Living rm/Dining rm/
Kitchen/Hallway/Closet/Half bath). The floor is red oak and stained. I
am leaning toward natural finish after sanding. Now I have a little
problem. In the kitchen, the range and refrigerator sit on hardwood
floor. Should I move these two out and sand/finish the two areas
under, then move them back and do the rest? Or should I forget about
these two areas (but worried about the color difference in the narrow
spaces between the appliances and wall/cabinet that people can see)?
DIY gurus, any suggestions? Thanks in advance.