Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My central a/c won't work:(!!! HOT IN TEXAS!

"HeyBub" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

I see this is over your 'scope' as she said the outdoor fan is
running.

What's that got to do with anything? Evidently you don't realize
that the compressor and the fan are two independent devices. One can
run without the other.

They both get their power from the same contactor!

But not the same contacts. The compressor draws considerably more current
and the contacts regulating the compressor are much more prone to burning
and pitting.

We're talking a small residential system here... they're on the same
contactor!