Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy alexy is offline

Default BLO & Cherry

Bill Waller wrote:

I have just finished construction on my first real piece of "fine" furniture.
It is a small chest of drawers made of solid cherry.

You've received some great ideas for finishes to try. But I'll make
one VERY STRONG recommendation: Don't treat a project that you are
proud of as a test piece for finishing. If you want to try out some
of these other finishes (and I think I will), do it on shop furniture,
or other items what you will not be upset about if they don't turn
out. Use what you know on a major project.