Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
TonyM TonyM is offline

Default Duty life of chainsaws

I was cutting up a downed Norway Maple this weekend and happened to actually
read the label on my Husky chainsaw and one statement caught my eye. It has
something called "Duty Cycle" listed. For this saw it is 50 hours. I went
and looked at the POS Poulan I am trying to get rid of and it's duty cycle
is 20 hours. The Poulan actually broke after about 8 hours but that is a
whole other tale. I looked through the manual of both saws trying to
ascertain what the duty cycle is but found nothing. Am I to assume this is
the expected life of the saw? Or that it needs to be overhauled at that
point? How many hours do some of you have on your saws? I gotta say I love
the Husky and it is sooooo much better than the Poulan. I'm just curious.
Tony Manella
ndd1"at"prolog.net (remove "at")
http://home.ptd.net/~ndd1/
Lehigh Valley Woodturners