Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete Cross Pete Cross is offline

Default Effects of breathing small amounts of natural gas for extended periods?

My wife rang me at work a few week back saying there's a strong smell of gas
in my son's bedroom. To be on the safe side I bought a CO monitor/alarm on
the way home as the only source I could imagine was the boiler flue about
10ft from his window maybe getting sucked in through an airbrick or ? I got
home and it did smell like gas so I 'paid a visit' before putting batteries
in the monitor, the smell of gas was increased by me letting out the coffee
I'd had at work earlier! she'd put a load of bleach in the loo! it really
did smell like gas..... the monitor has been all over the house btw and it
reads 0ppm everywhere even on top of the boiler....

Also, interestingly, to test the meter it says to use a joss stick! close up
it should read 10ppm! wonder how unhealthy a handfull in a room would be ?

Pete