Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Ceiling fan advice

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 07:35:35 -0700, DerbyDad03
wrote:

I believe we are talking about 2 very different animals here. A flush
mounted whole house fan is not the same as a flush mounted ceiling
fan.

Yup.

The main idea is that you have to have clearance behind the fan in

Absolutely. I have a fan on the window sill above my bed, and part of
the day the sun is too bright even to take a nap. If I put the
curtain behind the fan, pretty much nothing comes out. Of course that
is only an inch behind the blade, but still.

order for it to move air. If a ceiling fan is less than 10 - 12 inches
from the ceiling, it probably can't move enough air to do much good.
That's the type of flush mounted fan we're discussing here - the motor
is mounted directly to the ceiling with minimal clearance between the
top of the fins and the ceiling material.