Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Mac Disaster

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

So I think that it's perfectly possible, even for somebody on limited
means, to look beyond what others would seek to apply as limitations and
to make up their own minds. It's also entirely reasonable to say that if
one buys product X it will produce result A, but with product X+50% the
outcome is twice as good as result A. Some people might like to choose 2A
at a cost of X+50%. At least the opportunity will have been pointed out.

There is nothing you can't do with cheap hand held power tools that you can
do with expensive ones of similar type.
Last week I was making doors and windows using a £5 circular saw (argos:
challenge IIRC) and a £6 drill (sainsburys: draper) and they were not a
problem (saw is a bit noisy but the vac is even louder).
You just work differently like using a cutting jig on the saw and not the
rip fence (you would use the jig anyway as it is far better than any rip
fence and easier to use).
The drill was a bit underpowered for drilling the holes on the mortice locks
but it did it.