Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Another attic ventilation question

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 18:44:39 -0400, "Jack" wrote:

I have a hip-roof colonial. The attic is about 1100 sq ft. There is a
ridge vent across the top of the roof, plus soffit venting all the way
around. In the attic, there is a heating/cooling system. During the
summer, it gets unbelievably hot, which really affects the cooling ability
of the system.
.
I have googled this issue, and it seems that power roof vents are not the
way to go to lower the temperature. If I can't use a power vent, what are
the options ?
.
Thank you for your time.

I, too, have a very similar situation. There is a heating/cooling
system up there and I have ridge vents. I added additional insulation
around the ductwork and added a wooden floor last year. That doesn't
reduce the summer heat, though. My plans are to add a side louvered
window with a fan for those incredibly hot 100-degree days.