Posted to alt.home.repair
ValveJob ValveJob is offline

Default Another attic ventilation question

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 18:44:39 -0400, "Jack" wrote:

I have a hip-roof colonial. The attic is about 1100 sq ft. There is a
ridge vent across the top of the roof, plus soffit venting all the way
around. In the attic, there is a heating/cooling system. During the
summer, it gets unbelievably hot, which really affects the cooling ability
of the system.
.
I have googled this issue, and it seems that power roof vents are not the
way to go to lower the temperature. If I can't use a power vent, what are
the options ?
.
Thank you for your time.

You did a poor job of googling. Lots of people including myself
have lowered the electric bill and the temp of my attic using a power
vent in addition to my ridge vents in my hip roof.

How many linear feet of ridge vent do you have?

Well thats not enough. You can supplement the ventilation with
power vents.