Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Long term Ni-Cad Battery storage...

"LoneStar" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Thanks to the both of your for your replies. On the first reply, I
can't just sell the battery -- no buyers around here for anything.
I'll just do as Jim says: store the uncharged battery till needed.
However, this time, I'm going to use the primary battery until it's
fully discharged, then fully charge it, every time! In the past, my
mistake was to charge after each use, whether it needed it or not.
The so-called "memory effect."

If you "fully discharge" the battery regularly, that will reverse
charge some cells and kill the battery also. Depending of course on
your definition of "fully discharge".

Bob