Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Effects of breathing small amounts of natural gas for extended periods?

In article ,
Mike D wrote:
Thanks to all for the helpful replies. The gas smell I and my vistors
have commented on, always seems to be confined to very limited areas
within the house, as though a cloud of it is hanging in mid-air. But
if methane is lighter than air as exoplained in this thread, that
seems to make it unlikely that it's gas we are smelling. On some days
I smell it, some days I don't. It seems to make no difference whether
the central heating is turned on. The boiler doesn't get used much for
heating tap water either. If I close the door to the offending room,
and go back in there after 24 hours, the smell has not built up, and
may just as likely be completely absent.

I had a smell which I thought was gas. Turned out to be a dead rat...

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.