Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Fuxit Mr Fuxit is offline

Default MDF Cupboard Doors

On 2 Jul, 09:28, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Mr Fuxit wrote:
On 30 Jun, 16:58, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Lobster wrote:
GB wrote:
Thanks for the advice guys. I will varnish the insides of the doors to
be on the safe side.
I'm still *very* unconvinced about the need to treat both sides of the
MDF the same to prevent warping; however if you're now going to paint
the insides white, then I do think that giving them a priming coat of
varnish just to match the outsides would be a bit daft...
Its not really necessary at all. MDF - unlike wood - its fairly
dimensionally stable, and not strong enough to warp itself if it gets
damp as long as its well screwed down

You obviously don't work with MDF very much commercially. Go to Ikea
and look at their "High gloss" wardrobe doors, and try to find a
straight one!

That's not because they ain't painted on both sides..

Read my post