Posted to misc.consumers.house
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default assessment question

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
"Jane" wrote in message
ps.com...

I own a three level townhouse. I am having a stair lift installed
because I can not use the stairs without pain.
Will the stair lift increase the assessed value of my condo?

If you do not want to ask the municipal assessment office,
your local newspaper may have a reporter who knows the
rules (through reporting news on the topic, important to
many readers.)

IANAL, much a Canadian one, but I doubt it. While it is screwed to the wall,
it isn't really part of the permanent structure of the house, like an
elevator or additional bathroom would be. Unless next owner has mobility
problems, they will likely just rip it out, like is commonly done with
wooden porch ramps. And the things are expensive enough, that if you move to
someplace else with stairs, you will likely take it with you.

aem sends....