Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jvt1969@gmail.com is offline

Default pass-through door for detached garage

The sectional door on our detached garage is stuck closed, and it
spooks me to think our 1-year-old son or our dog could've been stuck
inside there. Assuming the repair guy says it needs to be replaced,
I've been trying without luck to find a residential garage door that
has a passthrough door (aka "pilot door" or "human door") integrated
into it. There are commercial ones, like this
http://www.foothilldoors.com/helpgif..._800_small.jpg
or Clopay models 524 and 3200, but nothing with the residential look.
Does anyone have other ideas on this? The problem with having a door
installed on the side of the garage is it was just re-stuccoed 6
months ago. The only possibility I could think of is installing wood
carriage doors that swing outward.