Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Flickering Lights and Buss Arching

Nate Nagel wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Bud--
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

This neutral wire is sharing the same screw terminal on the buss bar
with a ground wire from another circuit.

That is *not* OK unless the terminals are specifically listed for
use with more than one wire. If they are, it will say so on the
label inside the panel access door.

Neutrals must be 1 per terminal - 408.41.
[From an RBM post]

Didn't know that. Thanks.

I didn't know until I read RBM's post. Amazing what is lurking in the
NEC. In any case, as you said, the panel label will indicate what is
allowed.

Grounds, however, may be more than one (three I think?)

RBM also wrote:
"UL Std. 67 (Panelboard Standard) permits up to three 10 AWG equipment
grounding conductors to terminate on a single terminal, if the terminal
is marked for this purpose."

--
bud--