Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Troy Bilt won't start

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 08:45:50 -0500, dpb wrote:

Start checking the shutoff ground
shunt isn't still on and work from there...

My mower doesn't have a shutoff ground. One day I was mowing damp
grass (I know..I know) and the mower suddenly died. Pulled the cord a
few times and nothing. I started looking around. A piece of wet grass
had landed in such a way that one end was on the plug terminal and one
end was touching the cylinder head. Not really thinking this was the
cause for the engine to stop, I removed it and pulled the cord. She
fired right up. I figured the wet grass acted as a shutoff ground...

--
Oren