Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default patio misters

On Jul 1, 12:32 am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article om,

Pat wrote:
On Jun 30, 9:41 am, Smitty Two wrote:
I've been thinking about installing those little misters along the
perimeter of the patio awning. Supposedly you can get 20 degrees or so
worth of evaporative cooling from them.

But a bit of googling disclosed that you can pay a couple thousand
dollars for a system. What's the difference between those, and the fifty
dollar units at Home Depot? Seems like the expensive ones have a
separate pump to pressurize the water, and maybe the nozzles are a
little better made. Is that it?

Anyone with a cheapo have any feedback on how well they work and whether
they last very long? Wonder how long it takes for the minerals in the
water to clog the jets, etc.

Walmart has them for about 20 bucks. At that price, does it matter.
Give them a shot, what's the big deal.

Well, my time is worth *something.* I don't want to spend a day
installing them if they don't work.

A day? Looked like 15 minutes to me.