Posted to alt.home.repair
desgnr desgnr is offline

Default How to remove Jalousie window

I am replacing the Jalousie window with a Vinyl double hung window which i
can install from the interior side.
The Jalousie window that is in there now is 54" wide & has a Joulsie on both
sides & a solid pane of glass in the middle.
Any suggestions how to get the glass out without breaking it ?
If i try to cut up the frame the saw will cut into the Window frame & damage
it.
How can i cut it up without doing damage.
wrote in message
On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:02:49 GMT, "desgnr" wrote:

I have a Jalousie window in a steel frame.
The exterior wall is Block w/stucco.
And the wall has Aluminum Siding.
There is Capping around the current window.
How can i remove the window without destroying the Capping ?
I don't see how to remove the Capping because it goes under the J Channel
around the window opening & i cant remove the nails, which are under the
siding.
Also it has some kind of Caulking that is so hard i can't even cut with a
utility knife. ( never saw caulking this hard )
Is there any way i can remove the window thru the interior side ?
I herd there is a 1/2" lip around the exterior side of the window which
will
stop me from pulling the window into interior side.
Any suggestions appreciated.

You can cut up the frame with a side grinder to get it out but how
will you get the new one in and sealed against the wind without
trashing the siding? I think you are doing siding work before you are
done.