Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Completely & utterly OT - Price structure

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 09:49:03 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

If the page author wants a sans-serif font then they ought to set that,
as you do, by setting sans-serif in the font family. Not just hope that
the browser default is sans.

The author may not be that bothered ;-)

True enough but if they go to the extent of specifying a font they ought
to ensure that the fall back is of the same class (serif, sans-serif,
fixed width, proportional etc).

Personally a web page creation system should only allow the generic
variations of style and size etc rather than lull the unsuspecting into
thinking that their carefully crafted page using font X will look the same
as they see it on all systems.

Perhaps a little far in the other direction. Dreamweaver would probably
be a more realistic middle ground.

Or maybe Mozzilla Composer, until I started doing more PHP stuff I found
that generated decent code with a nice WYSIWYG interface and abilty to
edit the code directly.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail