Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Outdoor timer running to fast

wrote:
On Jul 1, 8:37 pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 1, 7:20 pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 1, 1:21 pm, dpb wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 1, 11:09 am, wrote:
I just wired up an Intermatic T103 timer. I noticed after 12 hours
the timer seems to be moving to fast (12 hours registered about 13
hours on the timer). Could I have a wiring issue or is this just a
faulty clock timer? TIA.
Sometimes the manufacturers screw up and put the wrong
timer motor into a piece of equipment. I have seen a 50hz
motor in a timer that was supposed to for 60hz. If you take
the timer out of it's case and look at the back you should
be able to see the motor which will have the voltage and
frequency printed on it.
I didn't stop initially to consider values, but (60/50)/(13/12) ~ 1.1
which is within 10% of the difference OP observed. Not an unlikely
hypothesis. Maybe he ordered the wrong subseries???
--
I was in a W.W. Grainger supply house a few years
ago where they had a new wall clock that had been

Bet me!

The one in the barbershop is also just like that...

--

Oh, I believe you, I've seen stranger things. The
little old barbershop I frequent on a semiannual

I'm betting the one you saw was probably modified by the countermen
themselves as a lark, not that it was "returned"...