Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CRT TVs

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
History Channel, Discovery Channel, Learning Channel, Travel Channel
makes
up 99% of my viewing. Modern Marvels is my favorite show.

You are in search of substance, and, hopefully are finding some.

Do you find much of mass-media "news" to be severely biased? If
so, to what extent do you find History to be biased? I cringe
to think of the bias to be found in most history books.

I honestly can't say I see much, if any, bias on the History Channel. Most
seems very factual and straight.

I'll take another look at Discovery , Learning. Maybe even
Travel ('tho I don't).

If you don't travel, consider doing so. It will really open your eyes at
how the rest of the world lives. Wish I was able to do it more and was able
to do it earlier in life. I've only been to five other countries and enjoyed
every minute of it.

Mostly agree. There are a few OTA network shows I still watch, but the
list
gets shorter every year. I resent having to pay for a hundred garbage
channels on Satt (shopping, sports, religion) to get the dozen or so I
actually watch.

This is a US national problem, and indicative of cable/dish implicit
collusion? Another reason I'm slowly giving up ...

I'd be willing to pay a little more per channel to just have the ones I'm
interested in. The list would be short. It is not impossible with the
technology available to offer an ala carte menu of stations.