Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tbasc@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Relocating Washer/Dryer

On Jul 1, 1:42 pm, T wrote:
I recently bought a townhouse where the washer/dryer are in the
kitchen. My kitchen is tiny and I'm looking for some more space to
build a pantry. I'd like to move my washer/dryer into the coat
closet. The coat closet shares the same wall with the washer/dryer
now...

Is this something I can do myself? If so, any suggestions on how to
get started? And if not, who can I hire? Do I need to get a plumber
and an electrician?

Unless you are experienced with plumbing, electrical, ana carpentry
work, you need a contractor to do the work.
Before you get involved with finding a competent, reliable contractor,
do some planning.
Measure the space needed to accomodate the washer and dryer; compare
that with the coat closet.
Doors wide enough to give access to the washer and dryer will need
some room when they are open.
Check that the doors will not cause a disruption with traffic flow or
other doors.
Think about where dirty and clean laundry go.
Will there be room for that and will it be a problem for movement of
people or for appearance if you have guests?