Posted to alt.home.repair
Zephyr Zephyr is offline

Default G.E. Dishwasher Recall - What to do with Old Dishwasher

Can you call your local trash pick up and have them pick it up?

Why would you want to sell /give something to someone that has the potential
to burn / destroy their property?

--
Zyp

"Greg Wilkerson" wrote in message
Hello all,

I just finished installing my new dishwasher. The old one was subject
to the rinse agent/wire corrosion/short recall. I have the recall
paperwork filled out and anxiously await my rebate check. What is
everyone doing with their old dishwashers? There's really nothing
wrong with it (at least nothing apparent). I figured if I could get
$100 or so out of it, all the better. I suppose the worst that could
happen would be I could get sued (don't want that). My first thoughts
are to take it to the nearest appliance junk place and get rid of it.
The label has been removed (in accordance with the rebate conditions).

I hate to just trash the thing if I can get a few bucks out of it.

Just curious,

Greg Wilkerson