Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Simmer down (was name calling)

In article ,
(Don Pearce) wrote:

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 10:26:04 GMT, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message
. au...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
There seems to be a point being missed here though. Governments are
trying
to force these things on us. So they are now appearing in shops at very
cheap prices. That includes both 'reputable' makes, which must be being
subsidised by the manufacturers or somebody in the supply chain, as well
as
'no names' that probably are Chinese manufactured ****. How is Joe Public
know which he is buying, when they are all the same price?

In Australia the "reputable makes" are simply rebadged Chinese **** as
well.
Are you sure you are not simply being fooled as well?

MrT.

That's very possible, and illustrates the point that if we, as people 'in
the know' can't tell if we are being sold genuine 'good' ones at a
subsidised price, badged Chinese **** at what *looks* like a good price, or
genuine Chinese **** at what's probably a realistic price, then how is Joe
Public going to stand any chance ?

We can all be fooled. Our governments do it to us all the time ...

Arfa

well, here in the UK the country of origin must be marked on the pack.

Country of origin can be fudged a little. I have firsthand knowledge of
a medical product, used in surgery, manufactured in the U.S. Units sold
in the U.S. were appropriately labeled.

But, manufacturer put a "manufactured in some European country"
sticker on the ones shipped to Europe. The insiders in Europe added the
battery to the otherwise complete unit. Presto, made in Europe, European
medical approval granted.