Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnard Mike Barnard is offline

Default CH Zones again.

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:11:43 GMT, fred wrote:

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Heh, no one waiting. Just grateful for any help.

Understanding is OK, it's just the working it out to start with. So I
could use either the bathroom or bedroom 2 as the primary room as
they're both north facing and they are very cold rooms.

Bathroom:
Gets visited most often.
Gets wet morning and night.

Bedroom:
5yo Sons room.
Out of use 95% of day.

In this case I'd probably run the bathroom off the live backbone so that it
comes on whenever the boiler fires ie any heating or hot water demand.
Use a TRV to limit the temperature and turn it off completely in summer as
required.

What a splendiferous idea. I think I can mix that into the plan.

Although it doesn't appear to make sense to control from your
young son's room, if that is the cold side of the house then it is probably
the way to go (for the upstairs)

Why not? As you say, its the coldest bit. Also it's over the kitchen
so closer to the boiler for cable running.

I presume part P precludes the controls from being bathroom based.
Shame.

Even if it doesn't, it's unlikely they'd last long in a humid environment. The
ones I have looked at preclude that kind of placement.

And the varying tempratures switching it off and on at odd times I
suppose. Shower on and windows closed or loo used and window open!

Thanks for the ideas.