Posted to alt.home.repair
desgnr desgnr is offline

Default How to remove Jalousie window

I have a Jalousie window in a steel frame.
The exterior wall is Block w/stucco.
And the wall has Aluminum Siding.
There is Capping around the current window.
How can i remove the window without destroying the Capping ?
I don't see how to remove the Capping because it goes under the J Channel
around the window opening & i cant remove the nails, which are under the
siding.
Also it has some kind of Caulking that is so hard i can't even cut with a
utility knife. ( never saw caulking this hard )
Is there any way i can remove the window thru the interior side ?
I herd there is a 1/2" lip around the exterior side of the window which will
stop me from pulling the window into interior side.
Any suggestions appreciated.