Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Completely & utterly OT - Price structure

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 01:22:05 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

http://www.medwayhandyman.co.uk/charges.htm

On my screen the type used is very small, borderline on impossible to
read particulary as it is a serif font. This applies to the whole
site. I'd also look at the colours used in the mouse over and active
bits of the LH menu, active and mouse over use the same (boring)
grey, mouse over has a white drop shadow which looks "odd".

The font is Verdana 10pt. Mouse over & active are blue on my screen with no
drop shadow. What browser are you using?

Changed the travel & materials bit.

I would leave out the "charged extra at cost price" bit on the
materials. There is no reason why you should not charge reasonable
retails prices for materials and hence give yourself opportunity to
benefit from any bulk price reductions / trade discounts you can
achieve. It is also worth bearing in mind that the time and fuel
required to get and deliver materials is not free and needs to be paid
for somehow.

--
Cheers,

John.