Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin Bob Minchin is offline

Default US/UK telephone compatibility

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On 2007-06-23 13:57:23 +0100, The Natural Philosopher said:

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Andrew Mawson wrote:

Well at a very basic level, the plugs are different so perhaps it
isn't actually connected ?

As a matter of interest, does anyone in the world outside the UK
use UK phone plugs?

No.

Channel Islands, Cyprus, Hong Kong, Israel, New Zealand, UAE, Zimbabwe

Andy,

Would you care to speculate whether or not phones from countries that use UK
plugs are likely to have a similar electrical interface too?
I would like to use something that works on the UK system in Cyprus and
don't want to have a problem when I get there.

TIA

Bob