Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air filter getting wet

Please supply some more details. Vent gasses from where, to
where? Prevent gas from venting from where, to where? And what is
this "from the block" you mention?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Oren" wrote in message
: On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 14:55:09 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
: wrote:
:
: The crankcase breathers I've seen allow air out of the
crankcase
: when the piston goes "down", or into the crankcase. When the
: piston goes up, the valve closes. This maintains a very slight
: negative pressure, and helps cut down on oil leakage.
:
: Not a pro here, but I've always thought of the breather as the
direct
: method for un-spent/burnt gases to escape. During the intake
air we
: don't want exhaust fumes to enter the head.
:
: A clogged breather can prevent the escape of the gases and not
vent
: the block.
:
:
: --
: Oren
:
: "I don't have anything against work. I just figure, why deprive
somebody who really loves it."