Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Effects of breathing small amounts of natural gas for extended periods?

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 21:37:46 +0100, Mike D wrote:

My house is about 100 years old and has various old redundant gas
pipes, imbedded in the walls and under the floors, but the only pipe
which is supposed to be live is teh one going directly from the meter
to my central heating boiler. And that is all at thoe opposite end of
the house from where the slight gas smell has been commented on.

Old gas pipes can give of the smell of gas -- it's a powerful scent, and a
little goes a long way.

Thomas Prufer